Re: [AD] proposed patch for nicer asm symbols exports

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004, Eric Botcazou wrote:

> Indeed.  Which essentially defeats the purpose of building a shared library
> and happens for liballeg_unsharable.a because it contains such a relocation
> in the text segment.

   Yep. However it's quite unusual to run several allegro applications
at the same time (though not impossible at all).

> So it is not possible to use a true shared Allegro library on Debian/x86 now?

   Not yet. I am writing a patch which should have been ready this
weekend if my laptop had not fallen into pieces. I will let you know.

--
Sam.