Re: [AD] got rid of END_OF_MAIN()

Sam Hocevar wrote:

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004, Michael Benfield wrote:
Attached is a patch which makes it unnecessary to use the END_OF_MAIN macro for all platforms. The main function is still mangled, but the macro is no longer necessary.

This, however, necessitates that the user's main function must be declared (int, char **). (void) declarations will no longer work. I personally feel this is acceptable and far superior to the END_OF_MAIN thing. I have always felt that the less silly preprocessor stuff going on, the better.

  Doesn't anyone think that any preprocessor stuff at all is wrong? The
proper way to get rid of END_OF_MAIN is to have a mandatory alleg_init
-like function which does what the current main wrapper does. Having
the main() function in liballegro instead of the main binary is just
as ugly; if you want to see how to get rid of END_OF_MAIN while still
having main() in the binary, see my patch from last week about the very
same subject.

why not integrate it in allegro_init() and/or install_allegro(...)?