Re: [AD] got rid of END_OF_MAIN()

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004, Michael Benfield wrote:
> Attached is a patch which makes it unnecessary to use the END_OF_MAIN
> macro for all platforms. The main function is still mangled, but the
> macro is no longer necessary.
>
> This, however, necessitates that the user's main function must be
> declared (int, char **). (void) declarations will no longer work. I
> personally feel this is acceptable and far superior to the END_OF_MAIN
> thing. I have always felt that the less silly preprocessor stuff going
> on, the better.

   Doesn't anyone think that any preprocessor stuff at all is wrong? The
proper way to get rid of END_OF_MAIN is to have a mandatory alleg_init
-like function which does what the current main wrapper does. Having
the main() function in liballegro instead of the main binary is just
as ugly; if you want to see how to get rid of END_OF_MAIN while still
having main() in the binary, see my patch from last week about the very
same subject.

--
Sam.