Re: [AD] demo of new timer API (unix only)

> >I'm guessing that the old timer stuff
> >should eventually be moved to a compat.c compatibility file? Or may
placed
> >in an src/compat subdirectory once there are more files for which
backward
> >compatibility wrappers are needed?
>
> src/compat sounds good.  Unfortunately CVS doesn't understand renames,
bah.

Pity... although, if that's where we're going to put backward-compatibility
wrappers, it should be mostly ok.

> As part of the new API, I'm fine with it.  But any cross-platform thread
> API is going to be very common denominator -- useful, sure, but we must
> allow room for users to use native thread APIs instead.  Low coupling
> between various parts of the API is a good goal anyway.

Yeah, this alone makes it a worthwhile goal, I think.
Personally, when I want to use threads, I tend to stick to pthreads, which
is also available in Windows. Most users will probably do something
similar, although if the API is there internally we might as well expose
it...

Evert