Re: [AD] DGA depricated?

Chris wrote:

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

Does anyone know what these "other ways" are? OpenGL?
If this is so, I think replacing the DGA driver, or at least getting an alternative (other than plain X11) would be a good idea.

Due to XFree's total ambiguousness on subjects, I can't really tell what they mean. Maybe they mean DGA1 only? Yeah, it would be nice if they clarrified somewhere what those "other ways" are.. I doubt they mean OpenGL since, AFAIK, OpenGL has shortcomings that DGA2 doesn't (full access to VRAM, fast(er) reading/writing to VRAM, etc)

I think they really do mean both DGA1 and DGA2. I tried investigating what those other ways might be, but didn't find anything that really fitted the bill.

BTW, what do you guys think of taking out the DGA1 driver from Allegro? Does it even work anymore?

Peter