Re: [AD] Magic main in Windows

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

I still think using al_main would be best. al_main is an actual, user-created function. Then, Allegro supplies its own main function that calls al_main. So, you'd have this:

I tried doing something like that to the Windows port last night, changing main to WinMain. Didn't work, but could have been me just being clumsy. Personally, I don't like requireing the user to write an al_main() rather than a main() function.

I think we should just leave the END_OF_MAIN() stuff as-is for Windows. It's not that bad, and it can be easily disabled with a preprocessor constant. The worst problem with END_OF_MAIN() was in Unix and that's nearly sorted out.

Peter