Re: [AD] set_clip and set_clip_rect

Chris wrote:

I can't seem to find any messages in my inbox explaining this, so perhaps someone here can enlighten me.

What was the purpose of creating set_clip_rect and deprecating set_clip? Though both take exactly the same arguments, and as far as I can see, do exactly the same thing (set the main clip rectangle).

set_clip() was replaced by two functions (set_clip_rect & set_clip_state) which were considered more orthogonal. set_clip() treated the case of 0,0,0,0 specially, which lead to subtle bugs.

Peter