Re: [AD] Magic main in Windows

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 13:48 +0200, Sam Hocevar wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 02, 2004, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
>
> > Interesting. How widely supported is this? From the look and general
> > usefulness, I'd suspect it to be a GNU extension. If both GCC and MSVC
> > support this, that would be great.
>
>    They both do. The only one I had problems with was Borland's (but I
> only have version 6; maybe people who own more recent versions might
> check that).
>
>    By the way, I have used the previously mentioned #define for the
> Debian version of Allegro, to avoid the necessity for alleg_unsharable.a
> which was breaking prelinking (because of undefines weak symbols).
> To maintain compatibility with binaries linked with classic Allegro
> versions, (which don't contain a main() routine) I have added the
> following code to src/unix/umain.c:

You are the Debian maintainer? Great to have you on this list! I love
Debian :) (Although I never get to use its Allegro packages, having
several CVS and release candidate versions installed already.) I
remember, some years ago someone else was the Debian maintainer for
Allegro, don't recall the name though.

Anyway, I have nothing useful to say in this post..

--
Elias Pschernig