Re: [AD] X11 unresponsiveness

I think I figured out the best solution for this problem. We seem to be hacking the input signal handler, trying to make it do something it's not really designed to handle.. but we seem to have been overlooking some Allegro functions: keyboard_needs_poll/poll_keyboard (and it's mouse and joystick kin).

Here's what I propose.. since we seem to have a semi-working patch for the signal based handler (Elias says the last patch I posted works good), but not the best, we could use the signal-based aproach by default. The only reason for that is that some people didn't really take the warning seriously that some systems would require polling. However, the *_needs_poll functions would return TRUE regardless, and when the poll_* functions are called, that device is no longer auto-polled in the handler.

What do you think?

- Kitty Cat