[AD] SF getting intolerable

Just was trying to create a patch against CVS for the signals input
handler stuff - and, big surprise, SF is down again.

So I'm using this time where I can't do any development to ask about
opinions on moving away from SF. In the last few years, especially
lately, SF is more often down than useable. The problem is, it is
completely free, and without it, we'd not even have any CVS server, or
maybe an even worse. Same with the mailing lists. Hardly anyone will not
have seen dropped or delayed messages due to SF. And then the annoying
ads in every mail. (And my SF website is down as well.)

The big question is, can we anywhere get better free services? There'd
be no point moving somewhere, just to get the same problems, or those
services discontinuing after a short while. Some sites that look like
good alternatives:

savanna.gnu.org
gna.org

Probably could even find some more. Anyone has ideas for better places,
or experience with the above?

I'd volunteer to register allegro somewhere and do the moving over, just
to try and see how well it works. SF would still be the official place
for allegro for the time being.

Well, I'm just really fed up with SF right now, so I had to write this
mail :P The few time in the year where I actually feel like hacking on
Allegro, SF is hindering me. So in a week maybe I think differently -
but right now I'd pack Allegro and move to somewhere else.. :)

--
Elias Pschernig