Re: [AD] Packfiles and #

sorry for being so lame as to not understand  the path system..
but i think  this single line additition is what is needed..

from wip 4.1.14 / src/file.c /  pack_fopen()  line 1688

   _packfile_type = 0;
+   if ( !exists(filename))
        if (ustrchr(filename, '#'))
          return pack_fopen_special_file(filename, mode);
   if (!_al_file_isok(filename))
      return NULL;

t 06:37 PM 23/07/2004, you wrote:
On Friday 23 July 2004 09:51, Chris wrote:
> While testing APEG for me, AJ stumbled acorss a problem I had run into
> in the past but had forgotten about. It seems Allegro's packfile
> routines refuse to open normal files that contain # characters,
> presumably due to the fact that that's what it uses to open datafile
> objects as files.

Yes, that's a known problem that has been discussed several times as I
recall - but one that's not trivial to fix.

> If I get the time I may try to fix it, but if I don't.. I think the best
> way to fix this would be to have Allegro search for a file on disk that
> matches the filename string, as given by the user, first. Then if it's
> not found and the filename contains an #, try and open it as a datafile
> object like it does now.

Yes, this would be the most sensible thing to do IMO.

Evert