Re: [AD] x color conversion again

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 00:13 +0200, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> Hm, almost forgot, playing around with the signals version I noticed
> that it doesn't work at all with the color conversion patch. I suspect,
> it is missing some XLOCK somewhere or something.

Ok, finally we could track this down. The asm converters use this:

#define LOCAL1   -4(%esp)
#define LOCAL2   -8(%esp)
#define LOCAL3   -12(%esp)
#define LOCAL4   -16(%esp)

Now, a signal occurs inside the asm converter. It will overwrite all the
locals, since it only restores ESP itself, but not the memory it is
pointing to.
On return, we get a crash.

Now, the solution is, Bob or Eric or someone who knows the asm code
should rewrite it to not access locals outside of ESP, or we don't use
the asm color converters with the signals version.

--
Elias Pschernig