Re: [AD] Prefixing (was: rest and yield_timeslice)

From: "Elias Pschernig" <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>
> If we decide that Allegro is more or less in its final state, and we
> don't expect it to live on much longer, then I'd agree, we could just
> say we don't want prefixing and cleaning of the API.

I agree on the need for prefixing and cleaning the API... I guess I just
disagreed with the version numbering.

My personal preference would be to continue toward 4.2 as it is now, and
then start prefixing; calling the prefixed version 5.0 would give us free
reign to fix the glaring API issues like all of the _ex's without worrying
about backward compatibility, and then major redesign could be reserved for
6 or AllegroPro.

But that's just me, and I'm nobody in Allegroland... :)

--Chris