Re: [AD] Prefixing

Peter Wang wrote:
3. Hey, we only get one shot at this, and it has to be 100% absolutely
  completely perfect!  Let's restart from scratch... Allegro 5!  Hurrah!

I pretty much agree right up until this. I definately DO NOT want to start from scratch.

I personally do'nt care about prefixing from a personal standpoint. However, it becomes obvious that without prefixing you'll run into name clashing. This is why C++ introduced namespaces, this is why internal compiler variables start with _.. to give the programmer more freedom in choosing variable and function names without risk of duplicating something already made by someone else.

Cleaning up the API would also be a good thing. It's quite poor for today's programs. However, what I proposed isn't too different from what's already being done with the *_ex functions. But instead of merely depricating the old functions, we place them into a compatibility header that is, for now, included by default.

- Kitty Cat