Re: [AD] Possible bug with Windows

On Saturday 31 July 2004 21:32, John C. Valentino wrote:
>     My program uses the following code,  and I have found that whenever
the set_gfx_mode is GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED and at the same resolution as
my windows desktop,  the program crashes and gives me access violations.

Always check the return value of set_gfx_mode().
This is a known problem (at least, I knew about it): Allegro cannot (in
Windows) create a window that is larger than the desktop (the window frame
and title bar add to the size of the window).
The only workaround I have been able to find is to reduce the size of the
window. You can uset the get_desktop_resolution function to query the size
of the desktop.

Now, if someone knows of a way to change this behavior, I'm all for it.

Evert