Re: [AD] alsamidi fix

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 16:40 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> > Are you using the arts driver?
>
> No, the ALSA 9 driver. I do have aRts running in the background though...
>
> > I don't know if a solution was ever found though.
>
> Don't use the aRts driver, I think it was ;)
> As I recall, the problem was related to the aRts driver trying to
> deinitialize itself multiple times, which results in a crash. I think
> there was a work around applied for that, but I could be wrong.

Hm, so should we disable the aRts driver? It seems to cause the problem
in your case, and probably for every KDE user. There was also someone on
[Allegro] recently who experienced much lag, until somehow switching off
aRts. Maybe there's a way to prefer Alsa even if aRts is running?

--
Elias Pschernig