Re: [AD] x color conversion again

> Unfortunately, this seems this hit some BeOS specific gcc (2.95.3) bug:
>
> +#define SLOTS_TO_BYTES(n) (((n*4+15)/16)*16)
>
> I get lots of this from the assembler:
>
> Error: unbalanced parenthesis in operand 1.
>
> Removing the / operator fixes it.

Ok, very likely too old gas version.

> What should we do? I guess we could just require new enough tools, and
> ignore it for now. I highly doubt anyone will be trying to use 4.1.15 on
> BeOS. So we can postpone this for now.

A solution could be to conditionally define the macro for BeOS to:

#define SLOTS_TO_BYTES(n) (n*4)

This would require src/i386/asmdef.c to propagate the ALLEGRO_BEOS define.

Now the problem may occur on other platforms (e.g. QNX) with old gas
versions.  It doesn't with gas 2.13 for DJGPP or gas 2.12.90 for MinGW, but
the build instructions for DJGPP only require binutils 2.9.x for example.
So let's simply not overalign the stack pointer for now, this has worked
so far.  Patch attached.

--
Eric Botcazou