Re: [AD] Allegro window icon under X

> > I'd much prefer something like set_window_title, e.g. set_window_icon.
> > Those weak symbols stuff sounds scary to me, and will do so even more to
> > the typical Allegro user.
>
> He/she doesn't need to know about weak symbols. We can just tell them to
> create an allegro_icon and be done with it. This could even be automated
> with a ufixicon utility.

True, xfixicon would be another route. It could create a .o file with
the symbol defined. Hm..

> > The set_window_icon function would do nothing on platforms not
> > supporting it (just like set_window_title), and on all other platforms
> > set the icon. We can use your version for X11, and ask anyone knowing
> > about windows icons on allegro.cc to give us the windows version, and
> > maybe Angelo can provide the Mac OSX version. And the non-X11 ports
> > wouldn't have to be done at once anyway, it's nothing really
> > important :)
>
> I guess it would be something like set_window_icon(BITMAP *icon) with magic
> pink/index 0 being transparent as usual? That should work, although the
> BITMAP would have to be converted to the platform's native icon format at
> run time. Isn't this ?fixicon's job at the moment?
>
> Anyway, I'll see about refining it somewhat tomorrow. :)

Yeah, not so sure now anymore. And comparing it to [wb]fixicon.. the
weak symbol idea doesn't sounds so bad after all - but still scary.
Won't some compilers start complaining about a double symbol? And what
about dynamic vs. static linking - will it work with both?

--
Elias Pschernig