Re: [AD] docs suggestions.

On 2004-02-18, aj <aj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1.   what about a page that lists all the functions (in alpha order), with
> a link,  sometimes im not sure what subsection a function will be in, and i
> have to stop and think, which really breaks my flow.

Feel free to implement it. Shouldn't be too difficult. Look in
makehtml.c. It already scans for allegro identifiers to hyperlink them
in a second post-process step. Since the index is usually at the end of
most documentations, you could take this into advantage and create an
extra HTML page with those tags. They would get hyperlinked
automatically on the second pass.

> 2.   a bunch of  line breaks [br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br]   etc, at the
> bottom of pages,  when i click on the link at the top of the pages, the
> item jumps to the top of the page, unless the item [a name=]  is  near the
> bottom of the page,  so when i click the [a href=#]  it jumps to what
> appears to be the wrong item; this is very annoying, because, you then have
> to scan down the page to find what your looking for,  this breaks my flow,
> and is most annoying.

You can add an option to makedoc for this. You can even write a little
script which does this with the already generated documentation if you
don't feel brave to mess with makedoc's mess. You can also build the
documentation as a single HTML file.