Re: [AD] docs suggestions.

On 2004-05-06, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz <gradha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > 2.   a bunch of  line breaks [br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br]   etc, at the
> > bottom of pages,  when i click on the link at the top of the pages, the
> > item jumps to the top of the page, unless the item [a name=]  is  near the
> > bottom of the page,  so when i click the [a href=#]  it jumps to what
> > appears to be the wrong item; this is very annoying, because, you then have
> > to scan down the page to find what your looking for,  this breaks my flow,
> > and is most annoying.
>
> You can add an option to makedoc for this. You can even write a little
> script which does this with the already generated documentation if you
> don't feel brave to mess with makedoc's mess. You can also build the
> documentation as a single HTML file.

I have commited a patch which is even cooler. Remember the documentation
uses by default CSS? Well, now the last sentence on those pages is
enclosed in a special div. By default the div will do nothing. However,
if you go to the generated allegro.css and uncomment one of the lines at
the end of the file, you will get about one page of blank space at the
end of each section.

This will prevent aj to complain about documentation which breaks flows.

Note to self: explain all of this in a new manual section.

PS to Eric: Html, html... ha!