Re: [AD] Further MIDI fix

Is there any reason why we can't do a simple MIDI reset?

In a conventional MIDI set-up, the synthesisers will respond to a single 0xFF
byte as a MIDI reset command; everything will be reset. However, .mid files
redefine 0xFF as introducing meta-events that need to be processed inside the
sequencer (e.g. tempo changes).

I haven't looked at how Allegro handles the distinction, but I would suggest a
'MIDI reset' feature is important. It could send an 0xFF to the actual MIDI
device, or, in the case of DIGMID, go systematically through all the
variables and reset them.

Ref: http://www.borg.com/~jglatt/tech/miditech.htm

Ben