[AD] About the OPL3 MIDI Driver

Hi

	I have some documentation about the OPL3 MIDI driver that will not
be included with this e-mail due to the restriction on .zip in attachment
for this mailing list.

	In this document, it is said that OPL3, besides being backward
compatible with OPL2, it possess new features like a selection of 8
wave signal per cells and the support of 4 cells per operator. ( OPL2 has
4 waves and 2 cells ).

	I have taken a quick look at the code of tour library, and your
instrument definition support only 2 cells per operator.

	Do you think with this document you could implement OPL3 features
in the MIDI drivers?

	It is a bit odd, but it seem that nobody knows the extra features
of OPL3. All MIDI drivers and software I have seen make it work like an OPL2.

	Of course, you will have to find new instrument definition for 4
cells operators.

	I hope this document will help you in the development. For your
information, the document zipped is 19 K, just ask it if you want it.

						Sayonara (^_^)

						Eric Pietrocupo
						The Shadow