Re: [AD] ALSA and dmix - small fix

Elias Pschernig wrote:
Can you try if the attached alternative patch also fixes the problem, it
avoids an XRUN at startup.

Yes, this fixes the problem too.

[PS: Why didn't you post this before I wrote the Jack driver? :P]

Eh, I only just installed KDE 3.2.2, which is the first version to accept dmix! But look at the bright side: in the process, allegro has gained a new driver :-)

And now that you mention it, IIRC, last time I tried dmix, I had a different sound card and it didn't need this fix to work with allegro. At the time it was KDE that didn't work...

--
Julien Cugnière