Re: [AD] Sound API

On Monday 17 May 2004 20:57, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> No, just what I did in my audio lib. if you have 1 voice, that voice gets
> all the volume, you have two, each is halved. have 3, each gets a third.
> etc. Is that wrong? (I've only tested it with 2 anyhow...)

Well, if you request eight voices (the default), or any power of two above
that, then Allegro's existing behaviour will offer you DOUBLE the volume your
proposal would offer.

If you even want to be sure that having all samples panned to the same side
won't cause any clipping, then you'll have to go for a QUARTER of what
Allegro offers.

Are you happy with that? :)

Ben