Re: [AD] microscopic issues compiling 4.1.13 with latest MinGW packages

Eric Botcazou:
> Yes, the union is the solution recommended in the GCC manual.  I wonder how I
> could have forgotten it...

Well, in case it's any comfort, I found it by accident when googling. :)
Anyway, I could try to fix these warnings, but I'm not sure what to do about
globals. For example, directdraw in wddraw.h. Should I change type to union, or
just copy it to local union inside the functions generating warnings? Also, is
it ok to always name the union members "first" and "second", with "first" being
the original type?

Kind regards,
Daniel Schlyder
--