Re: [AD] Contribuition to Allegro: move_dialog function

> As a return gift to the Allegro Community. I'm sending the source code
> with a example program for a function I've written when I was writing a
> program using Allegro. The function name is move_dialog. It moves all
> the objects in a dialog by (y) pixels to up and (x) pixels to the right.
>
>   I was wondering whether this function would be suitable to add into
> Allegro itself or if it is too simple and silly. position_dialog doesn't
> fit my purposes because it positions the dialog with respect to it's
> upper left corner object, and this is not desirable when you have a
> dialog and you wan't to move it only some pixels above or some pixels
> right. Do you think it's worthwhile adding this function to the library?
> (It will add only 13 lines of source code and a few bytes overhead in
> the compiled library).

On the one hand, yes, I think the function is too simple to justify the
function call overhead.  Maybe we could make it inline though.  On the other
hand, a dialog manipulation routine taking relative coordinates might be
lacking in the API.  In what kind of situation did you need the routine?

> P.S: I apologise for my bad English, since I'm Brazilian and I'm
> currently in a intermediate english proficiency level. Don't fell
> ashamed to correct my grammar errors or to sugest me better ways of
> writing my ideas. Thanks.

Don't worry, your English is not bad at all (as far as a French can judge).

--
Eric Botcazou