Re: [AD] yield_timeslice

Daniel Schlyder wrote:

User 1 shouldn't assume his code will work with any newer version of Allegro,
though. Otherwise, how can Allegro ever be improved?

When I came newly to Allegro, I would expect code that requires Allegro to work. Especially for new coders, library version differences don't register as potential problems, or ones you're willing ot work on to fix.

Maybe yield_timeslice()
could be deprecated; just like the old text API...

Or yield_timeslice could continue to act as it did in 4.1.12 and earlier, with al_idle acting as rest(1). Both would behave differently so there wouldn't be any need to depricate anything. How about this:

#define yield_timeslice()  rest(0)
#define al_idle()          rest(1)

Though that would assume sleeping 0ms and 1ms would behave the same on all platforms.

- Kitty Cat