Re: [AD] Allegro's DX mixer and the mixer core.

Evert Glebbeek wrote:
On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 01:05:39AM +0000, Chris wrote:

Incidentally, for this type of thing, the config file hook system could
(maybe even should?) be used.

Config file hook system? I'm not quite sure what that is since I never bothered with them.

On the one hand, this sounds simple and reasonable. On the other hand, it also
feels like a hack. If this is done for the DX mixer, then it should probably
be done for the others as well.

The DX mixer is currently the only one that doesn't use Allegro's mixer, AFAIK. If anything, the DX mixer should be considered a hack since it bypasses Allegro's mixer completely. A simple call to _mixer_init in the DX mixer init function, and to _mixer_exit in it's exit function, and it's as good as done. Or if you want, I can also make another mixer function that just sets the internal mixer params, but doesn't initialize anything: _mixer_set_params.

And of course this behavior should be
documented.

It's nothing the programmer needs to be concerned about, since as far as they'd be aware nothing would be different (everything behaves as expected).

- Kitty Cat