Re: [AD] Line clipping fix

Just to let people know, I am looking at ways to
speedup the code I had submitted.  Focused on the
drawing of lines that dont get clipped at all.  Not
huge improvement but at least some. But I cant
guarantee I will have any results or when I might be
finished.

But as a side note I think that there should be some
consensus about how important efficient clipped lines
are.  If lines arent clipped all that often, then you
are best staying with the 4.1.11 code.  Especially
from a code maintenance point of view.

What I am trying to say is that I dont think Allegro
is necessarily 'improved' by the line clipping code.
I leave it to others to decide whether to use it or
not.  I presume it would be based on two ideas:
   1) The prevelance of clipped lines in normal code
   2) Code simpliciy/maintenance issues
I think if people decide that clipped lines arent all
that prevelant, then 4.1.11 code it the best, I think.

When I think about it, I had a very hard time finding
information even *about* pixel-perfect line clipping.
I think this imples that most libs assume that lines
are most frequently not-clipped and therefore the
standard 4.1.11-like code is a good choice.

Doug Eleveld