Re: [AD] Fw: Acquire/Release speed issue

On January 11, 2004 04:01 am, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > Many people have always said, to create a video bitmap the size of the
> > screen first, then do whatever.
>
> Yes.  But requiring an alias for the screen is a bit silly.  I think we
> should standardize on the Windows behaviour.

I'd say we should standardize on whats been told to many many many people for
months and possibly years. :)

Its not really silly. IIRC, the reason for that was DOS. a new video memory
bitmap always allocated from the screen. And it could well be that way with
the linux vga, svga and similar drivers... Now, the X and Windows drivers
arn't like this, because they have very different semantics... the "Screen"
is really just a handle to some form of drawable surface that may or may not
actually being shown, or other things...

Ok. fine. As long as you fix all the drivers that are "wrong". :)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx