Re: [AD] Additional functionality for load_bmp

>> - no C++-style comment,
>
> Why is this, if I may ask? These days I thought it was bad practice to use
> C-style comments for single line comments, since they become a right pain
> in the ass if you want to comment out a big block of code encompassing
> many single line comments.

ISO C90 compilers are not supposed to support them.  Yes, I know, we are in
2004 but still...  And if you want to comment out a big block of code, use
the preprocessor construct #if 0 ... #endif.

> > We have a macro for this: BYTES_PER_PIXEL() from aintern.h .
>
> That's handy - why is a handy macro like this consigned to the internal
> header file, rather than being available in the main header file and
> documented as part of the API?

Dunno.  If you want to post a patch, I'll probably accept it :-)

> Sure, attached. Hope it's more what you need this time.

Nearly perfect (only 2 misplaced braces).  Applied to mainline.  Thanks.

--
Eric Botcazou