Re: [AD] Additional functionality for load_bmp

> I've had a few complaints from some people using my software that it won't
> import some BMP files. I did a little investigation and it turns out these
> files use the BI_BITFIELDS compression type, which Allegro doesn't
> support.

I guess we need to add the support then.

> The attached patch adds support for 15-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit BMP files of
> this type (according to MSDN, I think these are the only colour depths
> that use this type). It works with the two files I have to test it with,
> so if you approve please do add it to allegro.

Build your patches with diff -up (or diff -cp), it's much more readable.

A few remarks:
- the formatting doesn't follow Allegro's coding style (see ahack.html),
- no mixed-case identifiers: bytesPerPixel should be bytes_per_pixel,
- no C++-style comment,

+	bpp = bitmap_color_depth(bmp);
+
+	if (bpp == 15)
+		bytesPerPixel = 2;
+	else
+		bytesPerPixel = bpp / 8;

We have a macro for this: BYTES_PER_PIXEL() from aintern.h .

Otherwise, the patch looks good.  Would you mind doing the corrections I
suggested and submitting the result?  Thanks in advance.

--
Eric Botcazou