Re: [AD] audio input latency, changes &new func proposal

Has anyone found a solution to the win32 sound recording latency problem? I need to get smaller buffers (around 512 to 2k bytes or 30 to 125ms ) for a speech recognition app. It works fine in DOS and Linux, it's just win32 that I can only get 1s recording intervals. I tried experimenting with different values in the allegro source but couldn't get it to work with smaller values.

i was unable to get allegro latency lower, so i tried using a library called "port audio"
with port audio the latency is determined by the buffer size you supply.
too small a buffer just glitches, but i have successfully got 1k buffers at 44100 hz working. this means 1/44'th of a second latency plus whatever internal latency directSound has (which is un-avoidable).