Re: [AD] Hashes bite back

On 2004-01-01, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > The problem is - filenames in linux can contain any character
> >
> > Not really, path separators, possibly \0 depending on
> > implementation, maybe something else...
>
> just escape the special char, and you can use it. :) Otherwise,
> even non ascii works... Though with my current settings, it shows
> up as ascii ;) (garbage...)

Are you sure?

$ touch "separator/file.txt"
touch: no se puede efectuar `touch' sobre `separator/file.txt':
No existe el fichero o el directorio
$ touch "separator\/file.txt"
touch: no se puede efectuar `touch' sobre `separator\\/file.txt':
No existe el fichero o el directorio

I know windows is even more restrictive, W2000 didn't allow me
to create a directory name with more than one trailing dot, it
would always rename the directory to just one, which is plain
wrong/weird. I guess I was lucky that clippy didn't pop up...