Re: [AD] Allegro on 64-bit platforms

> "Under Win64, C/C++ code follows the P64 data model, which specifies that
> int and long are implemented in 32 bits and pointer is implemented in 64
> bits."

Yes, MSVC is P64, which is dump per se but was probably dictated by
compatibility reasons.

> but in GCC you are saying the  long is 64bit.

Yes, GCC is LP64 on 64-bit platforms, which is much nicer.

> i prefer    (u)int64_t   (u)int32_t    to be used everywhere, so as not to
> confuse anyone;  and there only needs to be one set of docs.

I don't want to change the whole API, only the few problematic places.  Which
means degrading 'long' into 'int' for 32-bit data and providing a 64-bit
type for 64-bit data.

--
Eric Botcazou