Re: [AD] drag and drop win32

On November 14, 2003 09:37 pm, aj wrote:
> At 02:43 PM 14/11/2003 -0700, you wrote:
[snip]
> > > not everyone is interested in multi platforms.
> > > infact i would say most allegro made apps are not multi-platform.  nor
> > > have much intention of being multi-platform.
> >
> >Which is sad. Becase there are many people who can not play a windows
> >game. So
> >that person looses out on many potential users.
>
> there are many that can not use Linux software either.
>
> >Me being one. I don't have windows, and can't afford the >$200 pricetag
> >for XP
> >Pro/Corp.
>
> you dont need Pro/Corp....

Yes, I do. I will not buy Home.

> and lets not get into the TCO of  win vs *nix...   i do not know which will
> end up being cheaper but everything else
> in this commercial world tells me that  bulk market share usually means an
> overall cheaper price.

Not intending to. :)

> >With allegro, it is extreamly easy to make a crossplatform game. The
> >functionality is there, you should use it.
>
> if i was making a game for two platforms, i would have to divide my effort
> between them, leaving less time to work on the actual game.

Not I. Allegro allows SUPER easy cross platform support. I code the way I code
(with a mind not to use platform specific features AT ALL), and all my
allegro projects compile on both Mingw and Linux just fine.

> anyway,,  that is getting off topic....   back on topic.... this
> drag-n-drop thingy  using SetWindowsHookEx()  seems to be feasible.
> except for that  ACCEPT_FILES  flag.

Someone mentioned that allready. You need Set/GetWindowLong(). you can change
the flags after the fact.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx