Re: [AD] crash! unhandled exception wip414 win2k msvc

> > Bit of a blast from the past this, but my conclusion has been that the
> > DX Overlay driver just gives a pink window if the game colour
> > depth is the same as the desktop colour depth.
>
> This condition is required for the ovl driver to run, see the docs.

Ah, my apologies - in that case the overlay driver must always be failing
and it's falling back to the windowed driver anyway. I guess there's no way
we can detect when the colour depths are the same and the overlay driver
appears to succeed but just goes pink, then. Shame.