Re: [AD] crash, tools/dat.exe v411, msvc7

> when i find some time i will re-compile the dat.exe  with mscv7 and test
> it again. maybe it was just a dodgy build.

Thanks.

> the mingw build was fine, so im not suggesting that gcc is causing this
> bug. but i am pointing at msvc7  ( .0 i might add )  as being possibly the
> cause.

.0 releases are always fun, especially with compilers :-)

> so if any non-optimz decision was made, it would be for msvc7 only.

It would be better to detect the sub-version as well.

> to help me investigate this problem,  is there a make script for building
> the tools with msvc7 with _DEBUG  and symbols, or must i hack one of the
> MAKEFILEs ?
> im not 100% confident of my msvc7  MAKEFILE hacking skills.. more like
> about 60%.   my  gcc makefile hacking skills are closer to 90%.

All Allegro Makefiles are written for GNU make, so there is no fundamental
differences between makefile.vc and makefile.mgw. The variable that controls
the options passed to the compiler is CFLAGS and is located ~line 140 in
makefile.vc.

--
Eric Botcazou