Re: [AD] 4.1.12 WIP release plan

At 06:15 AM 1/11/2003 +0100, you wrote:
> with all due respect, can one persons desire to include blending edge
> hacks that have not even been tested hold back a release for the rest of
> us. on an OS that is (at a guess) only used by a minority of allegro
> users. and for a version of OS not even installed yet !

I didn't realize that WIP releases were that much anticipated :-)

usually not, but last release was months and months and months ago!

More seriously, I recently made a change (shifting the key modifiers) that
might have an impact under MacOS X I have not fully evaluated. So I think it
is fair to let Angelo cope with it.

ok, there are pending tests to be done, then it should be held until they are done. from Angelo's comments it seemed like it would be held back for additions that were very much untested or even unwritten!

> angelo, as your will be working from CVS (i presume)  or your own copy of
> allegro for your OSX hacking, delaying the release for the rest of us is a
> little self indulgent.

You can use the CVS snapshot that was generated a few hours ago off the
mainline if you really want a "preview" of the 4.1.12 WIP. It will soon
appear on the snapshot page: http://alleg.sourceforge.net/cvs.html

thank you. i will grab it.  i was unaware of snapshots being available...
are they always available at that URL ?