Re: [AD] clipping line algorithm

Eric Botcazou wrote:
Although bypassing the vtable is a little bit ugly, is there any
particular situation where it is really significantly bad?

I personally tend to think it is bad in principle and simply defeats the purpose of a vtable. That's why I think the right way is to always test the
vtable and optimize only based on this information.

I'm sorry, but what do you mean by that last sentence? If you mean "use vtable by default, but as a special case use bmp_read* if the BITMAP supports that", then I'm with you, that's what I wanted all the time. Otherwise, please explain what you mean...

--
Sven