Re: [AD] Documentation update

> Would it be feasable to put all hardcoded limits behind #defines in some
> header file (say, allegro/limits.h>)? In that case, we could refer to the
> preprocessor #define and the header file instead.

Yes, I guess this would make sense as a minimal guarantee (as proposed by
Peter) on a library-wide basis for groups of functions.

> n this particular case, the limit is 512 bytes. Frankly, I don't see that
> go wrong except on insane resolutions with an exceptionally tiny font and
> a lot of unicode characters. In other words, I think the chances of
> hitting this limit are reasonably small (dangerous words, I know).

Yes, I also think this whole story is much ado about nothing (and we could
bump the limit to 1024 bytes in any cases). But I understand what a purist
could think about this latter proposition too :-)

--
Eric Botcazou