Re: [AD] Documentation proposition

> These are so to avoid two blank lines in text version, maybe could
> be fixed with a more intelligent handling of @retval.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

> I removed it, maybe a better option will be suggested later. That
> was an attempt to end those "hey, my Allegro program takes 100%
> CPU and I'm not doing anything!" questions.

This is a highly desirable goal and I think the problem deserves a FAQ entry
(of course pointing to yield_timeslice). But I think it should be explained
in terms of blocking/non-blocking threads/functions. And ideally we should
mention all the blocking API functions of the library (not many AFAIK,
readkey() might actually be the only one).

> Ok. Maybe that should make it to the new ahack section? I recall
> some other places using parameter without quotes.

Yes, we should try to standardize parameter quoting a bit.

> And what type of quotes? I guess ".  Text mode version looks better `with
> these', but they look crap in HTML.

I'd rather have `these' too but, given that HTML is probably the most used
documentation format, they are ruled out. Another solution could be
capitalization, but this could look weird too.

> Not yet, looks quite bad.

I was skeptical too, but rather pleasantly surprised afterwards. The
screenplay can probably fit on a single one-sided sheet, the story be
followed by a 5-year old child half asleep, but this lack of ornamentation
is precisely the most valuable asset of the series (after the global
storyline). T3 is a good transition installment, that makes it possible to
gracefully get rid of the aging Schwarzy :-)

[Telerama, a highly regarded French cultural magazine, gave it its best
rating. Amazing for an American action movie.]

> I'll wait till T4, where both terminators are female and saving Connor
> implies mud wrestling.

I guess there will not be any more Connor saving in T4. The person to be
saved will be a woman too :-)

--
Eric Botcazou