Re: [AD] c++ test.

> I decided to define dumb memory management operators to work around this
> problem so that we don't have to link against libstdc++ at all. I commited
> the tweaked test as well as the changes to the configure machinery
> required under Unix. The non-Unix stuff will quickly follow.

It took more time than expected, but here is the final patch. In the
meantime, I changed my mind: instead of using the autoconf macro for
detecting the C++ compiler (which doesn't do exactly what I want), I
manually wrote a configure test that simply feeds the compiler driver with a
C++ program and catches the return code.

I also did the same for the non-Unix ports and renamed the C++ test to
cpptest.cpp because Borland C++ doesn't recognize the .cc extension.

Tested everywhere except MSVC and MacOS X. For the former, I assumed that the
C++ compiler is integrated in the main compiler (like Borland C++) so the
configure test is disabled and the C++ test is always compiled. The latter
is a GCC-based port so there shouldn't be any problems (famous words).

--
Eric Botcazou