Re: [AD] c++ test.

Eric Botcazou wrote:

Hmm... this is more intricate than expected, since simply using 'new'
requires the program to be linked against libstdc++ with GCC 3.x because
of the dependency upon libsupc++. Which in turn requires the autoconf
machinery to be tweaked. So I postpone the merging until after 4.1.10 WIP
is released.

I decided to define dumb memory management operators to work around this problem so that we don't have to link against libstdc++ at all. I commited the tweaked test as well as the changes to the configure machinery required under Unix. The non-Unix stuff will quickly follow.

curious... what is the problem? linking against libstdc++ (++ :-) just to support new and delete operators is somewhat overkill i agree, but how many bytes of crap gets linked in exactly? i think you should avoid overloading the new and delete operators if the overhead from the extra linked objects (!) is small, which i think is the case.

--
One OS to rule them all,
one OS to find them,