Re: [AD] More OSX Allegro Notes

> An anouncement on Allegro.cc would generate quite a bit of interest
> too,
> but I'd assume the next WIP would be the proper opportunity to make
> that
> announcement (telling people to grab the current CVS tree and try it
> wouldn't be such a great idea, IMHO).

I'm gonna disagree here.  The people we'd really like to have with us
during the WIP phase *are* the kind of folks who don't mind downloading
from CVS.  We'll be able to hack out more bugs that way, because more
knowledgeable developers would be on task.  (Not that Angelo hasn't
done an amazing job, but hey, he's only one guy. ^_^;; )

> - definitely resolve the rand() et al. related problems,

I'm guessing you mean the "not very random" rand problems.  From what I
read on the list this was a by-compiler thing; might it be good to
introduce an allegro_rand()?  That way, as each OS/Compiler compiler
combo has its own makefile at this point, an extra random.c could be
compiled.

Or is this overkill?  I know on the list before people were always wary
about adding certain kinds of functions to Allegro.  (I seem to
remember a bunch of discussions about not having CDAudio functions in
the library.)

- Charles