Re: [AD] GUI - d_ctext_proc, file_select_ex, gui_textout_ex

> Interesting.  Must be new since 4.1.9...

Yes, I modified it on 02/08.

> Another bit I don't get.  Why does Allegro GUI allow objects to draw
> outside of their specified size on the screen?  Seems it would be fairly
> simple/logical for it to back up the old clip rectangle and call
> set_clip() before/after sending MSG_DRAW.  It would cause problems with
> objects that refused to set a proper size before drawing, but honestly,
> the problems caused by NOT having a proper size set are no better.

That's an interesting idea, especially given that we now require the objects
to declare their real size in order to be able to properly scare the mouse.

> Then again, there's also my gripe about not being able to restrict the
> range of available modes for gfx_mode_select* (and the API compatibility
> trouble of adding a new mode since there already is an _ex version),

Vincent posted a patch for this, that I rejected because it was against an
old version of the code. I'll try to dig it up.

--
Eric Botcazou