From: Michal Molhanec <molhanec@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: alleg-main@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AL] big problems

Hudson T. Clark wrote:
>I don't know what I'm suppose to do I have been reading threw documentation
>maybe this would be quicker I'm somewhat new to installing things on linux.
>I'm using mandrake 9.0. I did as the instructions told me:
>
>./configure
>make
>make install
>
>all as root everything looked like it worked but I get this error when I
>./test that compiled program (I get loads of errors when I try to compile
>things for the api to) I think maybe I didn't install it correctly?:
>
>[me@xxxxxxxxxx tests]$ ./test
>./test: error while loading shared libraries: liballeg.so.4.0: cannot open
>shared object file: No such file or directory

Haven't you missed this:
"By default, Allegro will probably install into the /usr/local
filesystem. If this hasn't already been set up on your machine, you may
have trouble with programs being unable to find the Allegro shared
library. You can fix this by adding "/usr/local/lib" to your
/etc/ld.so.conf file, and then running ldconfig."
?

 Unix is user friendly. It's just very particular about who
 it's friends are.

 Hein Zelle                     hein@xxxxxxxxxx
	                        http://www.icce.rug.nl/~hein