[AD] Old patches return

Included are the grab patch and the mode selection patch (both were
a bitch to port because of new changes at the same lines as those).
Hope no bugs crept in because of the difficult merge - I've tested
those, but not as much as when I had done them originally.

While there, I scanned my tree's diffs and found some things you
might be interested in:
a bunch of asserts added in the linux code tree
the infamous add_clip patch, which I still think is really useful :)
some things in the gui:
 - being able to tell an obect to ignore the mouse
 - user messages to objects are not ignored for hidden objects
 - (some) messages are ignored for disabled objects rather than
   hidden objects (the previous behavior doesn't make much sense,
   unless I'm missing something - I have the feeling I had already
   proposed this one and it was rejected though, not sure)

Then, I still have my constant time RLE vertical clipping patch,
which I can send too - I think the issues were its relation to
dat2c, which was to be rewritten (or heavily changed ?), and the
layout of the structure, which is different from the BITMAP one
(I don't care, I see no point in changing that, especially as it
could have ramifications on the asm routines, I've not checked).

I've looked at my old sincos patch, but I don't seem to have it
around anymore in any of my old trees, I must have destroyed it
before I got my new hard drive, when I was sorely lacking space.
IIRC, the problem with it was that MSVC didn't have an asm version
of it (though there was a fallback C version). Doesn't seem like
a good argument to me, so there might have been something else I
don't recall.

Last, there is my auto palettization patch for datafiles, which
IIRC was deemed OKish for 4.2. Still the case ?

That's it, I think.
Cheers

--
Vincent Penquerc'h