Re: [AD] More OSX Allegro Notes

> When using the grabber, I got this message in the console:
>
> *** malloc[3012]: Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x10a83; This
> could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an
> allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see
> tools to help debug
>
> Don't know what it's from.  Grabber seemed to work fine, though.

It's due to the call

CloseComponent(osx_note_allocator);

In main.m, line 170. Don't know why... Maybe Quicktime doesn't like
multithreading. I could not close the component, but I don't know if it's
the right thing to do (don't think so).
Originally the Note Allocator Quicktime component was opened and closed each
time the Allegro MIDI driver was inited/exited. But this caused that error
message on the console to appear often, expecially on the setup program
which does init/deinit sound many times. So I decided to open and close the
component only once at startup/end of the program, and this reduced the
times the error appears; still, it seems to show up every now and then... :(

> Also, plugins.h is still not getting generated in the macosx makefile.
> (IE, do a 'make clean' -- make stops because plugins.h is missing.)

I've done make clean many times but never had this problem... Have you tried
running "make depend" first?

> Lastly, I noticed in a test program I wrote today that install_mouse is
> reporting two mouse buttons on my iBook, which is incorrect as I don't
> have an external mouse plugged in.

This is a known behaviour (look at qzmouse.m). I'm currently rewriting the
HID code (also in sight of a future joystick driver), so maybe this problem
will disappear.

Thanks for the report!

BTW, I still don't know what to do with the bundle utility. Opinions needed
by other developers!

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx