Re: [AD] More OSX Allegro Notes

--- Angelo Mottola <a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So I decided to open and close the component only once at
> startup/end of the program, and this reduced the times the
> error appears; still, it seems to show up every now and
> then... :(

You know, now that the OSX version of the lib is nearing feature
completion and bugs are being stamped out, you might want to fire off
an e-mail to Apple.  Who knows -- you might end up getting Allegro on
the Apple news site.  They've been pretty damned good about many
different OSS projects, with many of the Apple developers working on
OSS projects in their spare time.  If anything, I'm sure they'd want to
help Allegro become on-par with the other ports, since it'd mean a lot
of new shareware games available for OSX.  I'm willing to bet they'd
have the answers to a few niggling questions, too.

> I've done make clean many times but never had this problem...
> Have you tried running "make depend" first?

Doesn't seem to generate plugins.h, although I haven't run 'make
clean', then 'make depend', then 'make'.  I'll try that tonight after a
CVS update.

> BTW, I still don't know what to do with the bundle utility.
> Opinions needed by other developers!

:: crickets ::

I think we're the only ones, man. :)

Seriously though, I'm going to post some stuff on iDevGames.com and try
to get some coverage.  I think the reason there aren't too many OSX
developers on this list is simply that nobody knows the port's been
done. ^_^;;

As to the fixbundle tool, yours *does* solve the issue of getting
permission to include the IconFamily files with Allegro, so ...
Regardless, I'll offer mine for download from my page, I suppose.  I
think I'll stick with them because the way they work is more unix-y,
which I dig.

- Charles